A man in the middle

What I see on the internet is censored, i.e. manipulated, filtered or fake, courtesy my man-in-the-middle.

My internet provider should have been and possibly still should be KabelBW.

But I was first informed that KabelBW became Unitymedia.

Later they told me that Unitymedia doesn't exist anymore and is now Vodafone.

I feel obliged to apologize to my man-in-the-middle for all the hard work required of him on behalf of me.

The latest claim is certainly wrong:

At least the brand Unitymedia is still alive even though everybody tells me otherwise.

The man-in-the-middle gained access to my internet provider account and also canceled the SIM cards I had subscribed to.

He send me other SIM cards together with fake letters explaining the operation.

The new SIM cards are allegedly from PureMobile, whatever that is.

The letter above is fake:

Customers only get a customer number and not a current one (Aktuelle Kundennummer).

And on the bill below you see a different customer number.

Of course, there was no change:

I simply wasn't a customer at the time of the writing of the fake letter.

Probably they have full control over these SIM cards and can do many things like call diversion and call recording.

You are invited to manage your contract and see your bills related to PureMobile at selbstauskunft.vodafone.de which resolves to 65.9.108.24 on my computer.

Some links there - e.g. impressum - take you to www.vodafone.de which resolves to 139.7.147.41 on my computer.

www.vodafone.de doesn't refer to selbstauskunft.vodafone.de:

Vodafone wants nothing to do with the pitifully amateurish site selbstauskunft.vodafone.de boasting with Vodafone logos.

While www.vodafone.de is managed by Vodafone, selbstauskunft.vodafone.de is not.

I must also ask myself if the whole world has gone insane and if I am the last person endowed with reason on this planet.

Watch this video in German language, supposedly produced by Vodafone:

Good-looking, sympathetic people explain, accompanied by feel-good music, how to add former, that means legally defunct, Unitymedia contracts to the portal Mein Vodafone (My Vodafone), supposedly operated by Vodafone.

Of course, the whole portal Mein Vodafone is in itself laughable hogwash.

Please tell me, what person in their senses would add defunct contracts anywhere, except for nostalgic remembrance of past cherished life events?

This video is professionally produced - but man, are you serious?

Couldn't you think for a moment before producing this nonsense for what purposes whatsoever?

Comments